Outreach event sessions about animals and their behavior.
Choose a subject and format to best suit your needs.
Group Education includes public speaking engagements for groups of ≥ 5 people interested in animal behavior. Topics and format vary according to group dynamics and interest.
- Veterinary Clinics
- Animal Shelters and Rescue Groups
- Museums and Galleries
- Animal Behavior and Welfare Conferences
- Academic Institutions
- Legal Groups and Bar Associations
- Lunch and Learn
- Question-Answer Session
- Getting Along in a Dog Park
- Assessment and Adoption Matching
- Introducing a New Member to the Family
- Aggression and Fear
- Age, Developmental, and Socialization
- Bite Prevention
- Dangerous Dogs and the Law
- Animals and Children
- Wildlife Conservation
- Animal Welfare
- Enrichment Tools
- Behavior Modification and Training
- Animals in Captivity
- Wolves to Dogs
- Animal Signals 101
- Intra - Species Communication
- Reducing Stress in the Veterinary Clinic
- Reducing Stress in the Animal Shelter
- Reducing Stress in Captivity
- Preventing Behavioral Broblems
- Treating Common Behavioral Problems
- Drug Therapy and Behavior Modification
- What Happens Behind the Horse Race Track?
- Getting Along on Leash on the Street
- Pets and Family Violence
- Puppy Mills and Animal Hoarding
- Compulsive and Stereotypic Disorders
"I had the pleasure of meeting you on November in Edmonton, Alberta at your seminar on Understanding your Pet's Behavior and Learning How to Change It. I really enojoyed the seminar and learned a lot. The four hours flew by and you left me wanting more!" J. Cantofino, Program Manager and Trainer, Celver Canines.
"Dr. Goldman has been putting on presentations that have received excellent reviews. She is great! Jan Scarlett was also impressed with her when she lectured at Cornell at the shelter medicine course and Julie Morris, who has seen countless presentations, said she did an outstanding job at the meeting.at Delhi." L. Miller, ASPCA Veterinary Senior Advisor, National Shelter Outreach.
"I thoroughly enjoyed your presentation to the SCVMA. It was superbly delivered." W.M. Mackie, DVM, Animal Birth Control, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Goldman is interviewed by the media regularly and provides the most in-depth up to date information about animal behavior. To schedule an interview, please fill out the contact sheet.
- National Geographic Wild, The Incredible Dr. Pol http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/wild/the-incredible-dr-pol/videos/city-slicker-jill/
- Morningstar, The Animal Ruined my Vacation
- ABC-7, The Pet Shrink http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=6602970
- Ivanhoe Medical Breakthroughs, Smart Woman Series
- Time Warner Cable CNN Headline News
- Inappropriate Elimination in Cats
- Animal Communication Signals
- Improving your Relationship with your Pet
- Prozac for Dogs
- Animal Planet, Animal Precinct
- Discovery Channel, Animal Talk
- Partridge Films Ltd. ABC/Kane Productions: Wildlife Tales, Family of Wolves
- www.petradio.com (February 6, 2014) Canine Boredom and Destruction
- http://spotliteradio.com/?p=10003 (84:30-95.34) (December 2013)
- What about Daisy? (May, 2012): KNOC archived
- Dr. Jill Pet Show (2011): Healthylife.net, archived
- What is an Animal Behaviorist?
- Behavior v. Behavior Problem
- Training: Confrontational vs. Constructive
- Safety: Pet and Kids
- The Importance of Early Exposure and Socialization
- Obesity in Pets
- Homeless Pets and Shelter News
- Wildlife Rescue
- Equine Behavior and Rescue
- Working with T-Touch
- People who are Afraid of Animals
- Companion Bird Rehabilitation
- Wolf Dogs
- Equine Behavior and Welfare
- Feline Behavior and Multi-Species Households
- Wendy Nan Rees Animal Talk
- Separation Anxiety
- Dog Behavior and Safety
- The Lucky Dog Show
- Legal Matters
- On-Leash Training Tips
- Dog Park EtiquettKSRO News Radio, Santa Barbara, CA
- KKGO Radio, Pet Place, Los Angeles CA
- Litter Box Training for Kittens, Kittens USA (March 2014)
- OCD Dogs, People have Similar Brains, National Geographic (June 2013): http://news.nationalgeographic...
- Why Animals Adopt other Animals, National Geographic (May 2013): http://news.nationalgeographic...
- Cat Fancy, Hit the Road with your Cat, http://www.catchannel.com/maga...
- Orange County Register Laguna News Post, Local Behaviorist Helps Pet Parents
- PuppiesUSA, Doggy Daycare
- Echo, Doggie Blues
- WebMD, Cat's 'Sixth Sense' Predicting Death?
- MSNBC.com, Dealing with Devil Dogs and Crazy Cats
- Orange County Register Laguna News-Post, Pets on Prozac
- Portland Home, Choosing the Right Dog for your Lifestyle
- NY Times, New York Dogs